Please be advised that the North Harris County Regional Water Authority (NHCRWA) has implemented “Stage 1” of its Drought Contingency Plan (DCP). As a participant in that plan, the Fairfield Districts (HC322, HC354, HC358, HC396 & HC397) are required to adhere to the restrictions as outlined in the NHCRWA DCP. A copy of the NHCRWA notice is shown below.
NHCRWA implements Stage 1 of the Drought Contingency Plan
Due to to the issues at the City of Houston’s NEWPP, the Authority is experiencing difficulties in meeting the high demand under the extreme weather conditions. The Authority is implementing State 1 of our Drought Contingency Plan immediately. The Authority’s Drought Contingency Plan request that any customer receiving water from the Authority or well owner whose well is included under the Authority’s Harris-Galveston Subsidence District aggregate water well permit:
- Check for and repair all leaks, dripping faucets, and running toilets.
- Utilize water conservation measures such as displacement bags, low-flow shower heads and leak detection tablets.
- Additional water conservation tips can be found www.irrygator.com.
- Limit irrigation to no more than two (2) days per week, between 7:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m. following the schedules below:
- Sundays and Thursdays for single family residential customers with even-numbered street addresses.
- Saturdays and Wednesdays for single family residential customers with odd-numbered street addresses.
- Tuesdays and Fridays for all other customers.
- No watering on Mondays.
Compliance to the above recommendations is voluntary.