The District was organized, created and established pursuant to an order of the Texas Water Commission, statutory predecessor to the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ), dated August 9, 1991, and operates in accordance with the Texas Water Code, Chapters 49 and 54. The District consists of approximately 757 acres of land.
The District is located approximately 30 miles northwest of the central downtown business district of the City of Houston in Harris County, TX. Access to the District from the City of Houston is provided by U.S. Highway 290 to Mason Road. The District lies wholly within the boundaries of Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District and is within the extraterritorial jurisdiction of the City of Houston.
The District is governed by a Board of Directors consisting of five (5) Board members elected by the registered voters of the District, who manage and supervise all affairs of the District. Board members must either own property within the District or be a registered voter within the District. Each Board member is elected to serve a staggered, four (4) year term. The District’s current Board members are as follows:
- Michael Lehew, President, Term Expires: May 2024
- Craig Sims, Vice-President, Term Expires: May 2026
- Eddie Martin, Secretary, Term Expires: May 2024
- David Wooddell, Asst. Secretary, Term Expires: May 2026
- Michael Deragon, Asst. Secretary, Term Expires: May 2026
District Contact Information
- Name of Political Subdivision: Harris County Municipal Utility District No. 354
- Mailing Address: 1301 McKinney St., Suite 5100, Houston, TX 77010
- Phone: (713) 651-5691
- Email Address: Meghan.Koett@NortonRoseFulbright.com